- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
- If you submit your contact details, we save your cat information so that we can send you interesting emails relevant to you and your cat.
- If you purchase our food, we use a secure 3rd party billing provider so we do not store your card details.
- If you purchase our food, we keep track of what you ordered so that we can pack and deliver it.
How do we collect your data?
- You directly provide KatKin with most of the data we collect.
- We use 3rd party tracking tools to monitor website activity and understand how you arrived at our site.
- These tools track events such as loading a page and checking out.
- We store information when you cancel your subscription so that we can understand how to improve our product.
How will we use your data?
- To process your order.
- So that you can manage your own account.
- So that we can provide refunds.
- So that we can give you the most appropriate email communications.
- So that we can understand how to improve our product.
Organisations we rely on with our data
- Shopify - an online storefront.
- ReCharge - a billing provider.
- InfusionSoft - a communications tool.
- Heroku - a cloud services provider.
How do we store your data?
- Most of our data is stored in the 3rd parties above.
- We store data on Heroku, a cloud provider. It is encrypted at rest.
- KatKin will keep your personal data for as long as you are an active customer. When you cancel, we will delete your data on request.
- We use InfusionSoft to send emails.
- If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
- You have the right at any time to stop KatKin from contacting you for marketing purposes.
- If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email Customer Support at email@example.com
What are your data protection rights?KatKin would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Everyone is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that KatKin corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request KatKin to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that KatKin erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that KatKin restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to KatKin’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that KatKin transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we collect information from you automatically through cookies.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in.
- Understanding how you use our website.
What types of cookies do we use?There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – KatKin uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – KatKin uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. KatKin sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.